Thursday, July 9, 2009

DON'T EAT THE DOG!


I have a very insightful post conjured in my mind based on some observations I made after watching a Kate Bush music video for Running Up That Hill, but I'll save it for tomorrow. Right now I feel like sharing about meeting an adopted dog from Korea when looking at a roommate situation. This dog is very similar to the one in the picture above, which was taken in Havana. When I walked in the door it jumped at my leg and snapped at my fingers when I tried to pet it. I could tell I had never seen a dog/mutt like it before anywhere in North America, and as it allowed me to pat its head, the friend of the girl who was showing around chimed in, "He's from Korea, Doug-the dog's owner/tenant-brought him back from Korea" The girl showing me the house spoke up, "THEY WERE GOING TO EAT HIM, THE KOREAN'S WERE GOING TO EAT HIM!" I didn't know what to say to that, so I mumbled something about the dog escaping from North Korea, but I really wanted to say, "But now he has to live with you" The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment