Tuesday, August 11, 2009

TOKYO NEVER SAYS DIE




In anticipation of my trip to Tokyo next month, I am trying to immerse myself with as much Tokyo related material I can. After learning that the Grand Hyatt Hotel which was used in the filming of Lost In Translation, I realize I can't pay the $600 a night hotel room to swim in the 39th floor swimming pool, so I will settle for a capsule hotel room for a night.  I would love to see TOKYO, the triad of directed pieces on the Japanese capital. People on the internet are saying  that Michel Gondry fucked this up, but how can Michel Gondry fuck up a film? That's like saying Santa fucked up Christmas and this year all the kids are getting in their stockings are some tattered up copies of SWANK magazine and some peanut shells.

1 comment:

  1. Phil cosby - love yr name and yr post. hahahhahahah.
    I think santa should give every north american kid who wants to go to tokoyo, a 600$/night voucher for the Grand Hyatt from Lost in Translation and then peanut shells will seem like gold. xo

    ReplyDelete